While there are several places to get new plugins, Modern Hosting recommends these great resources which are full of items that can improve the experience for everyone:
ImperialPlugins is a repository with high quality plugins for Unturned, which offers free and paid plugins for your server.
GitHub is another great resource, as most developers will publish open source versions of their plugins, which can be modified by the community. Some GitHub plugins may not work due to being outdated or broken, so make sure to test them and see if they are compatible with the latest version.
1. Download the plugin you want to compile, and extract all files to a folder.
2. Open Visual Studio, and open the
.sln (project) file that is located in the extracted folder.
3. Click “Start” in the upper right corner of the window to begin the compiling process. If you see any errors, you may need to add dependencies for the plugin, such as RocketMod. In this case, check the plugin's documentation to see what it requires.
5. In the "Debug" folder that was created by Visual Studio in the extracted folder, upload the main
.dll file to the following directory:
6. If there is a "Libraries" folder, upload any
.dll files in there to:
7. "Restart" your server using the button on the main console page. Please see this article here if you are unfamiliar with the process.
Your plugin is now ready to be used on your server.