How to upload files to your server
Do you need to upload or manage files on your server? This article will show you methods on how to access your files.
There are two methods to upload a file to your server, depending on what you will be uploading.
If you need to just upload a small file, the best method is to just do it in your web browser.
2. On the left sidebar, click on the “File Manager” button.
3. On the new page, click on the "Upload" button. A window should pop up asking you to select a file from your computer to upload.
4. Once you have selected the file, it will be uploaded to the server and appear in the file directory.
The maximum size for file uploads is 100 MB.
If you are uploading several large files, the best method is to use a SFTP client program. This is a much faster and secure method compared to a browser.
You will need a client program in order to connect to a SFTP server. While there are various programs available, Modern Hosting recommends you use FileZilla, but any other SFTP client will work.
2. On the left sidebar, click on "Settings".
4. Under "SFTP Details", you will find the full "Server Address" with port number, as well as your "Username". The password to connect via SFTP is the same as the one used to access the panel.
5. Open your FTP client, set the protocol to SFTP, and type the address, username, and password into the appropriate sections.
The necessary port to connect will be automatically filled in when selecting the SFTP connection method.
4: Click on a connect button, and you should have access. Depending on your program, you will see a “server files” and “local files” section, representing the file directory on the server and your local computer respectively. To upload files, simply head to the appropriate directory and either double click, drag, or click on a “upload” button on either side.
5: Your files will now begin to upload, and the program will let you know when the process is complete.