Want to develop or use a program that uses the Modern Hosting Game Panel's functionality? This article will explain what an API key is, how to create one and what to use it for.
If you want to create or use an application that accesses the Modern Hosting Game Panel, you will require an API key, which is a special code that will allow access to your account without logging in.
Here is the process on how to create an API key:
1. Login to the Modern Hosting Game Panel and click on "My Account" on the left sidebar.
2. On the following page, click on "API Credentials" on the left sidebar.
3. On the following page, enter a description for your key and any IP addresses you want to allow (leave it blank if you want to allow all of them), then click on the blue "Create" button.
4. A screen will appear with your API key visible. Click on "Close" to confirm that you have viewed it.
This key will only be shown once and cannot be viewed in full again, so make sure to store it in a secure location.
Remember that an API key will provide full access to your account, so do not share it with anyone and be responsible when using it.
5. Your API key will now be visible on the right hand list. A partial view of the key is visible. If you need to delete a key for some reason, click on the trash can icon, then, after reading the warning, click on "Yes, Delete Key" to confirm.
You have now successfully created an API key, which can be used when creating or using a program to interact with the Modern Hosting Game Panel. There are many types of programs, such as pre-made or self-hosted Discord bots for example, that can use an API key to interact with the panel.